Mountain West IRA – SEP IRA
Employer Contributions up to $54,000 for 2018
Simplified Employee Pension plans (SEP IRAs) may provide an easy, low-cost plan option if you are self-employed or a partner/owner of a corporation. With a Mountain West Self-Directed SEP IRA, you can use this account to invest in what you know best.
SEP IRA Rules:
If you choose to contribute to your retirement plan, you have the ability to select the percentage of contribution for any given year (0-25% of earned income) for both yourself and your staff. The only requirement is that the contribution percentage for a given year must be the same for each employee.
If you would like a self-directed SEP IRA and your current retirement plan does not allow self-direction, you may transfer all or part of the funds to a Mountain West self-directed SEP IRA so that you may choose your own investments.
Keep in mind that the maximum compensation amount that can be used for calculating your contribution is $265,000 (2018).
Why Consider a Mountain West Self-Directed SEP IRA?
- A Mountain West self-directed SEP IRA does not have the start-up and operating costs of a conventional employer plan.
- Allows for tax-deductible contribution of 25% of each employee’s pay up to $54,000.
- You and your employees can have the flexibility to self-direct your retirement funds into real estate, mortgages, and other alternative investments.
Also consider a self-directed SEP IRA if:
- You are: a sole proprietor, independent contractor, self-employed, partner, corporation, or S corporation
- Your business pays no taxes on investment earnings
- You do not want to be locked into making contributions every year
- You would like a plan with low administrative costs
- You are looking for a wider range of investment choices
|2018 SEP IRA Contribution Limits|
|Up to 25% of compensation with a maximum of $54,000|
Please consult your tax professional for the plan that best suits your individual needs.
Contact a Mountain West IRA professional to establish a self-directed SEP IRA.