Mountain West IRA – Individual 401(k) IRA
Take Advantage of Accelerated Contribution Limits with Enhanced Flexibility
The Mountain West IRA Individual 401(k) Retirement Plan is a defined contribution plan for businesses that employ only the owners, their spouses, and partners. In some plans, including 401(k), business owners can make both employee deferrals and employer contributions. The Mountain West self-directed individual 401(k) retirement plan is offered both with and without a Roth option, which permits after-tax deferrals into the plan.
If you currently have an individual 401(k) and wish to self-direct your funds into alternative investments, you can easily transfer or rollover the funds to Mountain West IRA by opening an individual 401(k) plan.
Why Consider a Mountain West IRA Self-Directed Individual 401(k) Plan?
- You are a sole proprietor with no employees other than your spouse, partner(s), and their spouses. The plan trustee and administrator of the plan is simply the business owner, their spouse, or a partner. However, a designated third party works as well.
- You are looking for the largest potential contribution for a business without common law employees.
- You want the capability of borrowing from your plan.
- You want to purchase leveraged real estate in your plan and wish to avoid UDFI (Unrelated Debt Financed Income Tax).
|Individual(k) Employee Deferrals, Contribution Limits, & Catch Up Contributions – (2018)|
|Part I Individual(k)|
|Employee Salary Deferrals (Traditional or Roth)||$18,000|
|Catch Up Employee Deferrals (Age 50+)||$6,000|
|Total Employee Deferrals (Age 50+)||$24,000|
|Part II Individual(k)|
|Employer Profit Sharing Contribution||25% of compensation|
|Overall Contribution Limits (Under age 50)||$54,000|
|Overall Contribution Limits (Age 50+)||$60,000|
Self-Directed Individual(k) Plan Applications (PDFs)
- Individual(k) Plan Application
- Individual(k) Plan Adoption Agreement
- Individual(k) Plan Trust Agreement
- IRS Opinion Letter
Please consult your tax professional for the plan that best suits your individual needs.
Contact a Mountain West IRA professional to establish a self-directed Individual 401(k) IRA.