Mountain West IRA – SEP
Simplified Employee Pension (SEP)
If you choose to contribute to your retirement plan, you have the ability to select the percentage of contribution for any given year (0-25% of earned income) for both yourself and your staff. The only requirement is that the contribution percentage for a given year must be the same for each employee.
If you would like a self-directed SEP and your current retirement plan does not allow self-direction, you may transfer all or part of the funds to a Mountain West self-directed SEP so that you may choose your own investments.
Keep in mind that the maximum compensation amount that can be used for calculating your contribution is $265,000 (2018).
- A Mountain West self-directed SEP does not have the start-up and operating costs of a conventional employer plan.
- Allows for tax-deductible contribution of 25% of each employee’s pay up to $54,000.
- You and your employees can have the flexibility to self-direct your retirement funds into real estate, mortgages, and other alternative investments.
- You are: a sole proprietor, independent contractor, self-employed, partner, corporation, or S corporation
- Your business pays no taxes on investment earnings
- You do not want to be locked into making contributions every year
- You would like a plan with low administrative costs
- You are looking for a wider range of investment choices
SEP Contribution Limits
Up to 25% of compensation with a maximum of $54,000